Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Very Neglected Blog - Sorry!

OMG it has been 2 months since my last blog post so to all those lovely people that have been checking in I sincerely apologise.  I do have a very good excuse!  I have decided to build my own home so I have bought myself a little plot of land and have been busy organising all the bits and pieces for my new abode which has been very stressful but in the end will be very exciting.  Also after living in the same house for nearly 17 years packing up is a huge chore.  I therefore hope you all understand my lack of time to dedicate to scrapping.

So now on to my scrapping news.

Last weekend I went to the Handmade by Suzanne scrapping retreat and spent the weekend scrapping with some special friends, my Sister and my Mum.  We had such a fun time and it was nice to escape from the packing boxes.  So now my projects to share!

Firstly I had some cards on my camera that I had made for Mum.  One for her birthday and one for Mothers Day.
This card was made using some leftover Prima paper, Kaisercraft mini Roses, Ribbon, Spellbinders diecut and SRM Sticker quote.
Mum's Mothers Day card I made using Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe Collection of papers.
This layout is of my Brother being toilet trained (the hard way) by my Dad.  We think it was taken in maybe 1971.  I love the textured cardboard look so with some teaching from my girlfriend on just ripping the side off a box this is the outcome.  The paper and the journalling card are from the new Prima En Francais range.  The tag I made ages ago after watching a Tim Holtz Distress Ink online tutorial and the vine, mini alpha's and the wooden tags are also from Prima.
I have scraplifted this idea from a layout by Rachael Funnell.  I just loved the fresh look of it.  Have used the new Jillibean Soup Coconut Lime Soup range of papers and mini letters, AC Thickers, Kaisercraft rubon quote and assorted flowers.
My cute Nephew doing his favourite thing at Grandad's house - playing with his tools.  This was from a sketch and I have used Three Bugs in a Rug Tool Time papers and Jillibean Soup mini alpha's.  Think my photo is a bit blurry - sorry!
These photo's are of my Nephew Liam on his first day of Cubs all dressed up in his uniform.  He especially asked his Mum when she took these photo's to make sure she sent them to me.  The papers and stickers are from the October Afternoon Campfire range and the chipboard Wordlet is Scrap FX.
A gorgeous photo of my Niece and Nephews taken on Mum's birthday in April.  I love love love these papers from My Minds Eye - Follow your heart collection.  Have used the Tim Holtz rosette die and Jillibean Soup mini alpha's.
My Sister and my Niece live in Adelaide and they took some time out to go camping and travel the Great Ocean Road.  Have used Kaisercraft These Days range of papers and collectables.  I added some prima flowers to the cluster, AC Thickers and October Afternoon mini alpha's.
And lastly this photo was taken of my beautiful Niece on Mothers Day.  I have been waiting for so long for the right photo to use this Girls Paperie range of papers and embellishments.  Also used a Kaisercraft wooden frame and flowers.  I am not very happy with the title in the white so may change that.

Oh wow that was a long post.  If you lasted until the end - thank you!  We have a long weekend here in Perth this weekend for our newly named "WA Day" so my girlfriend has asked me to catch up on one of the days for a crop so will hopefully have more to share next weekend.

Hope all is well with you all and again thank you for your patience.  Until next time take care and happy scrapping.

Shaz
XO

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you again Sharon. You have done beautiful work, I love the LO of your niece on Mothers Day. Beautiful. Hope you get some more cropping time on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete